Risky Boots is actually Shantae's mother.Could explain why there's an obvious connection between the two.
- Genies are Always Female in this 'verse, though, and Risky's not a genie. Since Shantae is half-genie, it would have to be her father who was mortal.
Risky Boots and Shantae are half-sisters.They share their father. With the age gap, it explains Risky knowing Shantae's mother. It also might add an extra reason for her to resent Shantae after initially meeting her, as well as for her eventual friendliness after working together. Also, they both have purple hair.
Risky Boots is Shantae's aunt.On her father's side, of course.
Risky Boots and the Tinkerbats set up a blockade on the nearest source of coffee.It would certainly explain why there's exactly one source of coffee beans in the entirety of Risky's Revenge, and it's a long-abandoned storage area. The purpose is, naturally, to more easily manipulate the intelligent zombies, seeing as coffee is the only thing keeping them that way.
- She is still hoarding it to manipulate Rotty and her siblings in the future.
Nintendo will create a full console Shantae game rather than just a small download one.And if it does well, they'll turn it into a big franchise.
- Semi-Confirmed. Way Forward are currently kickstarting a Shantae game for Wii U, PS3, PS4, 360, XB 1, and Steam.
The next game, Half-Genie Hero, will feature Shantae going into the Genie World.The Genie World has been mentioned but never really explored, and multiple times Shantae has expressed a desire to learn more about her genie heritage.
Shantae still had a little magic left in her at the end of Risky's Revenge.As evidence by her retaining her hair-whipping ability. Uncle Mimic was wrong about the hair whipping not being a genie power.
- Alternatively It's Magic She got from her father who was an Oni (Japanese Demon) making her full Oni in Pirates Curse and why she could use the Pirate Master's gear as her native Oni magic kept her safe.
Shantae takes place After the EndThe Lost Technology Uncle Mimic finds all sounds like stuff we have now. Something must have happened that destroy the world and brought back monsters.
The shadowy brawny man in the Village of Souls is actually Shantae's dad
- He states he is looking for his daughter but doesn't know how she looks like. Since people at the village don't fully remember their pasts...
- It's worth noting that his memories seem to return a bit when he meets Shantae, just like Rottytops remembers a bit more about herself when she gets her locket back.