The Tree of Might (Known in Japan as Dragon Ball Z: The Decisive Battle for the Entire Earth ドラゴンボールZ 地球まるごと超決戦
) is the third Dragon Ball Z Non-Serial Movie
, taking place after the saiyan invasion in a scenario where the rest of the Z Fighters survived, and the the trip to Namek never happened.
This film provides examples of the following:
- Artifact of Doom: The Tree of Might.
- Big Bad: Turles
- Dark Is Evil: Turles wears black and grey. Additionally, his skin is darker than Goku's is.
- Darker and Edgier: Not only was Turles one of the more sucessful movie villains, the way the tree sucks everything up as well as the overall concept is quite grim.
- Evil Counterpart: Word of God has stated that Turles is basically what Goku would have been if he never landed on his head.
- Kick the Dog: Turles blasts Icarus just to get Oozaru Gohan to go insane again
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Goku gets a rather brutal one, even after going Kaio-Ken x10.
- Non-Serial Movie: This movie has no spot in canon, but is basically what would have happened if Goku made it back to earth on time when Vegeta attacked Earth.
- This Is Unforgivable: Goku is more enraged than he already was after Turles hurts Gohan
- I'm Your Worst Nightmare: Piccolo gives this threat to Turles. He's not particularly fazed, but considering Piccolo's mere presences leaves all but two people on Earth pissing themselves, he gets points for effort.