- Anvilicious: Did you know War Is Hell? Of course, Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped...
- Awesome Music:
- "Year Turns Round Again".
- And we have John Williams for the film version. What do you expect?
- Ho Yay: Joey and Topthorn develop a very close friendship which involves intimate physical contact.
- Truth in Television with horses. Skin-to-skin contact (backscratching, fly-flicking) is the main way they bond.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many people watched the film adaptation only because Tom Hiddleston and/or Benedict Cumberbatch starred in it.
- Narm: Some of the more dramatic scenes are a bit overwrought, and Nicholl's death can be downright goofy-looking.
- No Yay: Albert's devotion to Joey is implicitly compared to the love Taylor has for his girlfriend.
- Signature Scene: For the movie, it's either Joey at the end of the film in the sunset, the attack on the German Trenches, Joey dashing through No Man's Land, Joey getting tangled up and freed from barbed wire or Joey jumping over a British Tank.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The puppetry in the theatrical adaptation. After about 15 minutes you forget those horses aren't real. And that's not even getting into the amazing scenery or war effects.
YMMV / War Horse