- Even Better Sequel: Trials HD was a solid, challenging game, but was relatively bland in presentation and suffered from a steep learning curve, limited level editor with poor sorting tools, and a lack of much to do outside the main campaign. Trials Evolution kicked everything up two notches, with a more refined progression, loads of level variety, insanely over-the-top presentation and level design, solid multiplayer, and a level editor that rivals LittleBigPlanet. Its one of the most acclaimed games on the Xbox 360, landing a Metacritic score of 90.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: The entire thing between the rider and the AI in Fusion.
- Spiritual Licensee: Not really Trials itself, but the online flash game Happy Wheels is pretty much Trials mixed with Jackass plus tons of High-Pressure Blood.
- That One Achievement: Trials HD's Marathon. You have to play through the Ultimate Endurance tournament, which consists of twenty courses, without faulting once. The tournament is completely compromised of levels that aren't any harder than Medium difficulty, but one false move and it's back to square one.
- You do get an actual award in Trials Evolution for obtaining this achievement... in the form of a shirt.
YMMV / Trials