- Foe Yay: Many of Cain's interactions with Hank carry a homoerotic vibe.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In Vento Aureo, Katsuyuki Konishi voices the Big Bad who wants to keep his identity a secret by killing people who knew him and Yuichi Nakamura voicing one of the people who stops him. Here, it's the opposite but Cain knew Hank and wants to kill him, but with a different reason this time.
- Who would have thought that Terumi and Ragna are now working together? Unfortunately, they're the bad guys this time around and Ragna now takes over Relius' position as The Dragon to Terumi's Big Bad.
- Les Yay: Schaal and Trice, which plays out like a tragic doomed romance.
- Moral Event Horizon: For Cain, pick the following:
- Shooting Elaine in front of Hank and then pulls of an Evil Laugh and Slasher Smile leaving Hank left for dead.
- For no other reason, he brainwashes a prostitute and having her eat her friend's throat.
- During the party, he kills his sponsors once has created enough Incarnates to reignite the war and provoke Hank into unleashing his One-Winged Angel form by shooting Schaal.
- The Coup de Grace Squad were armed with jetpacks that were straight from a Steampunk convention, Night-Vision Goggles, Hand Cannons, and Automatic firing guns. It's hard to take them seriously when they had anachronistic equipment while the regular army had normal equipment.
- The Mood Whiplashes come off as this from Hank blushing while being teased by his fellow men before a battle sequence to Liza teasing Claude through her breasts before the latter tortures Hank.
- In the Final episode of the Anime Adaptation, Hank can now use his Incarnate abilities in the Sunlight. But his look is eerily similar to Goku's Ultra Instinct.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Watching the first few eps of the anime in particular, and the manga overall, there's a pretty clear message about taking care of and offering proper support to armed forces veterans, especially in helping treat PTSD.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The people who had watched the Anime Adaptation have started to drop watching it once the Coup de Grace wear jetpacks, Night-Vision Goggles and ridiculous guns since in the source material, their equipment were no different from the ordinary soldiers and they use their strategy in defeating the Incarnates.
YMMV / To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts