- Arc Fatigue: The first arc of Disc 3 aka, The World Ends with You, has been getting flack for this.
- Colbert Bump: Due to its reputation of being the longest piece of fiction ever, many people who aren't even in the fandom were attracted to the story out of fascination and curiosity.
- Dancing Bear: It's hard to deny that the sheer absurd length of the fic is part of it's claim to fame. Even people who aren't aware of it's very premise at least know it as 'the longest fanfic ever'.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Cloud Strife was encountered in Chapter 144, posted on Fall 2009. Later there would be an arc based on Final Fantasy VII, which was posed in 2010. This was years before Cloud would be an official Smash character in the fourth game via DLC and later returning in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. And this is also way before the announcement of a port of Final Fantasy VII to the Nintendo Switch.
- The inclusion of Tales of Vesperia characters, as they were from one of many games that were included in the fanfic that wasn't playable on a Nintendo console. 10 years after referencing them, the Nintendo Switch gets a version of Vesperia as well.
- The killing of Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu, as the former 2 would return as DLC in the 4th Smash game and all of them and Pichu would be in Ultimate.
- Moral Event Horizon: Dark Super Sonic's belief that killing people without much reason is fun.
- The Scrappy: Rita because she has been the only character so far that can demolish anything just becauses it ticks her off. The readers dislike how she is overpowered over the cast, even though she and her team were already already far-off into their own storyline.
- Sequel Displacement: Much longer and better known than the Pokemon fanfiction both the primary main characters originally come from.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Chris has a particularly fond enjoyment of Riolu.
- The Woobie: Dear god, R.O.B...
YMMV / The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest