- Alternate Character Interpretation: Melanie Lovejoy. Manic Pixie Dream Girl or self-centered Karma Houdini skating away from being arrested for her crimes, and persuading Rolas to marry her before he can think through everything she's done?
- Author's Saving Throw: In the beginning of The Red Vixen at Sea Melanie is seen putting in color variable contacts, asking Rolas whether he prefered blue or green, fixing the Series Continuity Error between the first two books.
- Bleached Underpants: While the Red Vixen Adventures has some mildly suggestive elements, two canon stories set in Foxen Prime's pre-spaceflight era, Prisoners of War and Prisoner of Midnight, are outright BDSM erotica.
- Genius Bonus: Madame Habebti's name. "Habebti" in Arabic means "honey" or "sweetheart." A good name for a madame.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Her career as the Red Vixen looks a lot less glamorous when its revealed that she enslaved Alinadar, and Rolas points out that she became a space pirate out of mere boredom.
- Iron Woobie Despite her horrible, horrible childhood, Ali refuses to angst about her murdered family, worrying more about the innocents she killed while enslaved to Bloody Margo.
- Never Live It Down:
- Implied that Lu is going to get this from his whole family after they find out he arrested his own sister for piracy the day he found her after thinking she was dead for twenty years.
- And Melanie is probably going to get hell from Rolas and Salli about enslaving Ali forever.
- Series Continuity Error: Melanie's natural eye color and the color of the contacts she uses in her guise as the Red Vixen varies from one book to another. In "Captive" the contacts were blue and her eyes green, in "Shadow of the Red Vixen" her contacts were green and gold and revealed blue eyes when removed.
- Squick: Aside from just having her eye ripped out, Salli has a habit of tapping its cybernetic replacement with a claw, which other characters inevitably find disturbing.
YMMV / The Red Vixen Adventures