- Author's Saving Throw: Father Brennan's death came off as much better this time. He clearly didn't know the spike was coming as he didn't see it until half a second before it hit him.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: Critics were quick to point out the 2006 remake, whilst far from terrible, was basically a scene for scene remake and didn't really do anything the original hadn't (the only significant changes story-wise being the time period, a few weird nightmare sequences, and the murder of Katherine). This came to the extent that, hilariously or not, the fim's writer was denied a credit by the Writers Guild of America because they thought the script was too similar to the original.
- Moral Event Horizon: In this film Damien's more overtly evil from the outset, but helping to kill off his mother is the definite point of no return.
- The scene in Robert's nightmare in which the Orlok-esque priest drops an obvious doll of a dead baby.
- At little Damien's birthday party, there's a puppet show being performed. Just before the nanny hangs herself, there's a brief shot of the two puppets turning to look at her.
- Special Effects Failure: Some of the death scenes are heavy in CGI, and not a particularly good example of such.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The film's soundtrack doesn't use the original (not to mention iconic) Jerry Goldsmith score. The new score is very understated in comparison and for some critics fails to leave any noticeable impact at all.
YMMV / The Omen (2006)