- Good Bad Bugs: In Haunted Castle Act 1, there's a glitch that occurs when Taz touches the wall on the other side of the exit that sends him to Act 2, allowing him to bypass a particularly frustrating platform jumping segment.
- Nightmare Fuel: Planet X's stage in the early prototype version of this game. In contrast with finished version, this version of the stage is very dark, with complete blackness and only a few mountains in the background, weird looking enemies, and completely different boss: in the final game it was a snake like monster, while in the prototype it's some sort of bizarre one-eyed alien-car hybrid, which attacks by launching a part of its head at you, which subsequently exposes its brain (you need to attack it directly in the exposed brain to defeat it).
- Nintendo Hard: Haunted Castle Act 3 and Marvin's House Act 2. And that's not to mention...
- So Okay, It's Average: A fairly average game with mixed reviews.
- That One Level: Mole World Act 2. It's full of spikes, dead ends, enemies with ray guns, oh yea, and a massive, gigantic, screen-filling, tunnel-boring vehicle that kills you instantly if you even touch it.
- That One Boss: Mole World also has that one boss. It's stupidly easy to miss him and end up falling off the few platforms you have, and it's also difficult to hit the boss without getting yourself hit. You don't die, but you have to face the boss at full health again.
YMMV / Taz in Escape from Mars