- Awesome Music: I.N.R.I., Rotting and The Laws of Scourge.
- Broken Base:
- Epic Riff: Many examples. ''Satanic Lust", "Nightmare", "Satanas", "The Black Vomit" and "Crush, Kill, Destroy" are among the most notable.
- Face of the Band: Wagner "Antichrist" Lamounier.
- Fandom Rivalry: Sometimes with Sepultura. There are quite a few parallels between the two; both are Brazillian extreme metal bands founded in mid 80s, both started out playing abrasive, lo-fi first wave Black Metal and both moved on towards more refined, Death Metal-oriented writing. Wagner was even Sepultura's first vocalist, but left before he could appear on any of their records.
- Fanon Discontinuity: The Worst is generally thought to be exactly what it spells, and is hardly ever brought up in discussions over the band.
- Memetic Mutation: "If you are a false, don't entry" is a minor meme in metal culture.
- Narm Charm: The crude, vulgar, over-the-top lyrics written in rather poor English and the overall cheesy Satanic imagery. Most will agree that they're part of the appeal.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Some reacted this way to the stylistic changes after I.N.R.I.
YMMV / Sarcofago