- Even Better Sequel: 2 is essentially stated to be where the series took off and started to stand out more from the pack of Street Fighter imitators. Ironic for a game that was parodying said series who likewise was more renowned for it's sequel than it's first incarnation. Go fig.
- Memetic Mutation: Let's Go! Onmyoji has become popular on Nico Nico Douga. It's also kind of an ear worm.
- Nightmare Fuel: Otane suddenly barging in to take over as the final boss in the second game, while the camera focuses on her exaggeratedly wrinkly face.
- Older Than They Think: Annie's super throw is similar to that of Gonzales from Global Champion.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Reiji's theme song is an obvious parody of the Segata Sanshiro theme song.
- That One Boss: Even when they're normal/not-boss characters, Goketsuji sisters are very tough opponents to fight against. Especially Otane in the first game and Oume in the second one.
YMMV / Power Instinct