- Fan Nickname:
- Legends and Matrimelee were called Gogetsuji Legends and just Matrimelee in the US, but most fans use the Power Instinct prefix when referring to them for the sake of consistency. Also, Matsuri Senzo Kuyou is called as Power Instinct 5.
- The blue-ish aura that surrounds a character when they gain a level in their power bar is called "Stress Flame" by fans because said power bar is known as the "Stress Meter". Since Legends, every character (or almost everyone) has one or two special moves that become stronger if performed while dashing or right after a dashing attack, those have been nicknamed "Shadow Attacks".
- Inksuit Actor: Bobby Strong (a boss character that was added to the PS2 version of Matrimelee) is based on and voiced by a Nigerian-born, Japanese comedian / MMA fighter, Bobby Ologun, in a similar fashion to Norimaro from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter .
- Name's the Same:
- Otane Goketsuji has nothing to do with actress Tane McClure, but she went by her new first name Tane in Matrimelee. Her sister's first name is also the surname of Denji Blue.
- Atlus would later go on to make another character named Kanji. However, that Kanji spent more time takin' punks down than he did competing in fighting tournaments.....most of the time.
- Keith is called just as the actor of the same name who's only known for his acting in Night of the Living Dead (1968).
- No Export for You: Even though the first game, 2 and Legends did have US releases (though the later did not use the Power Instinct name), the series wasn't very successful there, which led to later installments (with the exception of Matrimelee, which did get a worldwide release, though it didn't use the Power Instinct name either) to remain exclusive to Japan.
- Bad Export for You: Some regional versions versions of Matrimelee had most of the stage songs removed, constantly reusing the themes used for Jimmy, Lynn and Elias (plus Mr. Jones' theme, which is otherwise never used, as you never fight him in any version of the game) after each battle except against Sissy. It should be noted that said songs are very short, and can become repetitive after hearing them successively after each fight.
- Signature Style: Range Murata is The Man behind Power Instinct series. He's the character designer and creator of the artwork since the first game to the recent Matsuri Senzo Kuyou, including Purikura Daisakusen and CR Goketsuji Ichizoku spin-offs, being the first known work by him, later known for making Last Exile series and Blue Submarine No. 6.
- The Wiki Rule: This one.
Trivia / Power Instinct