- Genius Bonus: To someone with a background in linguistics (particularly Germanic and Romance languages), a lot of the dialects and slang feel like a Bilingual Bonus mixed with a little Buffy Speak.
- Heartwarming Moments: In the third book, when Rossamund goes to tell her that he's a monster after all, Europe doesn't care. He hugs her, and after a moment, she hugs him back and murmurs about how ironic it is that he's captured her affections. D'aww.
- I Knew It!: Rossamund being a monster was fairly heavily implied before it was actually revealed
- Jerkass Woobie: Threnody's jerkass attitude is due in part to being very upset with her mother for forcing her to undergo a body-transforming operation she didn't want.
- Moe: Freckle. Squee!. Not to mention Rossamund himself!
- Moment of Awesome: These follow Europe around, but the QGU scene at the end of the second book stands out. Rossamund also gets his share.
- Nightmare Fuel: You have NO idea.
- What an Idiot!: How many days did it take Rossamund to figure out he'd been kidnapped by pirates?
- World of No Grandparents: Fransitart and Craumpalin aren't exactly young...
YMMV / Monster Blood Tattoo