- Alternate Character Interpretation: Snuk. Is he an adorable Kindhearted Simpleton of a sidekick or a cunning Troll and Karmic Trickster who toys with Mad Jack in hopes the greedy pirate will learn his lesson?
- Critical Research Failure: "Captain Snuk" episode revolves around Mad Jack and Snuk switching places in order to fool Jean Claude Deffet, a French, good-mannered pirate who vowed to kill Mad Jack after he sneezed on him a few years ago, even though Jean Claude never managed to see his face. When Jean Claude finally discovers who Mad Jack actually is, Mad Jack retorts than even though he did sneeze on him and didn't even say "Sorry", Jean Claude never said "Bless you", either. This results in Jean Claude committing suicide in shame. The problem is, according to savoir-vivre, you aren't actually supposed to say "Bless you" when someone sneezes...
- Fridge Horror: In the first episode, Mad Jack still has an entire crew of pirates. They abandon him after Mad Jack is taken captive by the witches. After escaping from the witches, Mad Jack clearly states his intentions to seek out his crew and kill them for their betrayal. And considering that in the rest of the series Jack has his ship back, but none of his old crewmembers are seen or mentioned again, it's very likely he followed up on his threat.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Mad Jack would eventually be succeeded by another crazy, cowardly pirate who also goes by the name of Jack.
- Ugly Cute: Snuk seems to teeter on the borderline of this and just plain Moe due to his personality.
YMMV / Mad Jack the Pirate