- Director Displacement: The song "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee tends to be associated with Justin Bieber in the Anglosphere instead of its original artists. This case is more extreme than most others, as the song in question became a major hit after Bieber's involvement in a remix (the original didn't have Bieber at all), and the original artists still sing on the remix. Unfortunately, the song's ensuing popularity coupled with Bieber's inability to speak Spanish has led to much disappointment at his concerts.
- Eclipsed by the Remix: The "Despacito" remix with Justin Bieber made the song more popular in the United States. That said years after the release, on YouTube the original non-Bieber version has over 6 Billion views while the official Bieber version only has around 15 million.
- Memetic Mutation: "Despacito", full stop. Bonus points if you ask Alexa to play it because something is so sad.
- Older Than They Think: Luis Fonsi has been in the music industry for almost two decades; in high school he was in a band with a pre-*NSYNC Joey Fatone and later opened for Britney Spears at the height of her fame.
- Signature Song: To English-speaking audiences, unquestionably "Despacito" (particularly the remix with Justin Bieber); to Spanish-speakers the non-Bieber version of "Despacito" is the best known, and it's just one of many candidates for his signature.
YMMV / Luis Fonsi