- Ear Worm: Oh, GOD, that theme song...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Timothy Bottoms would later star in The Asylum's version of the 2009 film, The Land That Time Forgot.
- Nightmare Fuel: So remember, kids — if you ever venture out into a lonely place, you too can be swallowed up by something unexplainable and never seen again.
- Retroactive Recognition: Timothy Bottoms, who played Tom Porter in this series, would later go on to play George W. Bush in a few films and series, including the short-lived sitcom That's My Bush!
- Special Effects Failure: Though quite impressive for a kid's show in 1991, the special effects (provided by the Chiodo Bros.- who created Large Marge, Philo as an alien and the Killer Klowns from Outer Space) have aged terribly. The dinosaurs have a very flat, pasted-on look about them, and their animations are extremely jerky. Compared to the 70s version though, it's far better — and many of the dinosaur puppets themselves hold up even today.
YMMV / Land of the Lost (1991)