- Accidental Innuendo: "Of course, Onii-chan, because today our first night tete-a-tete, I was getting ready!".
- Anvilicious: Almost every scene between Enomoto and Kusuda just screams about it, so much so that it becomes fun.
- Bizarro Episode: The fourth episode, aka "Incest-episode". While the series itself is fairly light and has a rather innocent romantic halo, this episode is entirely dedicated to how the girls are discussing BrotherSister Incest, including the very disturbing Big Brother Worship Koyoi and Ayumi fantasizing about sex with her brother. Although it is necessary to pay tribute, the last is shocked even by the thought of it.
- Cult Classic: Despite the age and abundance of rather strange jokes, the adaptation has a decent number of fans and can be regarded as the classics of the Schoolgirl Series and the light anime Romantic Comedy. Very nice art style also plays a role.
- Incest Yay Shipping: It seems, is caused intentionally by the author, since Koyoi's older brother is her only Love Interest.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Koyoi. Although she should be seen as Plucky Comic Relief and a parody of Little Sister Heroine, most of the scenes depict her as too stupid and flat compared to other girls, not to mention her incestuous inclinations that look more frightening than cute.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Little Girls?: Although this manga is written by a woman and has girls as heroines with a focus on their romantic experiences, it is shounen with a large dose of Male Gaze.
YMMV / Hatsukoi Limited