- It's Hard, So It Sucks!: Falls into this for some people.
- Mis-blamed: A handful of people seem to think that the reason the game was taken down from the store was because of Nintendo threatening legal action, which, as the Creator Backlash entry on the trivia page can attest to, isn't even remotely close to the truth. It also has nothing to do with the media and consumer backlash; this was more due to the creator unable to cope with the massive attention.
- Older Than They Think: The game's flapping mechanics, considered novel by some, go as far back as the classic arcade game Joust from 1982. Also, the Auto-Scrolling Level presentation where you weave around walls has been a staple of simple browser-based games since 2004 at the very latest.
- Polished Port: The Android port had improved collision detection, better graphics and quicker restarts. However, the iOS version was updated to match eventually.
- Surprise Difficulty: Who would have known a game about flying would be so hard?
YMMV / Flappy Bird