- Accidental Innuendo/Foe Yay: "You have always been my greatest stimulation, my dear Doctor."
- Harsher in Hindsight: When the Doctor threatens the Master with his own Tissue Compression Eliminator, the Master rebuffs that the Doctor would never dare use it. During their next encounter in "Planet of Fire", the Doctor would use that very weapon to kill Kamelion. Who was introduced in this story.
- Ho Yay: There's a very suggestive Sword Fight between the Doctor and the Master, and the story culminates in the Master's revelation that he has a robot that he can transform into the Doctor by sheer force of will. Rather than be weirded out, the Doctor uses his own psychic energy to transform said robot to look like the Master. They spend a few minutes simply playing with their new toy, turning it into each other while giving each other long closeup looks.
The Master moaned in undiluted pleasure. "Only you, dear Doctor, can appreciate my art to the full."
- The novelization gives us this absolute gem:
- Narm: The infamously blurred delivery of "Your will is weak, Doctor!".
- Special Effects Failure: While the Kamelion animatronic looked very impressive, it never worked very well. This is why Kamelion never appears again until "Planet of Fire" where he spends most of the serial transformed into other people, then is destroyed.
YMMV / Doctor Who S20 E6 "The King's Demons"