- Alas, Poor Villain: Many were shocked when it was implied that the Cannibal murdered the Tuba Gang leader in the second episode of Season 2.
- Audience Participation: The creators ask fans for ideas on how to continue the story, and showcase those ideas in the Aftershow that they hold every now and then.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The April Fools episode about Club Penguin Island shutting down in favor of Club Penguin became real as of September 2018 albeit without the revival of old Club Penguin.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Corpse Squid. Hybrid. Thing. Whatever the fuck it is.
- The Wiki Rule: Indeed, there is a wikia for CP Shutdown.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: As said in Scenery Gorn, there's a staggering amount of detail put into the environments, and this also includes its animation. Three notable examples would be the formation of the Hybrid Sea Monster in Halloween, the Puffle Hotel collapsing in The Fall (episode 9) as well as the overloading generator in The Leaders (episode 13), including the LED lights on the targets game breaking due to how much power they're getting and the toxic fumes being created by it. The art style is a very, very good replication of Club Penguin's own, too - and so, it takes what should be nostalgic, and twists it into an aberration.
YMMV / Club Penguin Shutdown