- Awesome Music: Marc Shaiman's sweeping Western-style score.
- Ham and Cheese: Duke in II, Jack Palance relishes every single second he's on screen. Just look at his eyes when he talks about gooooooold.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Depends on if you saw the sequel first. If you did, then you know going into the first film that Curly dies.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Tear Jerker: Ed describes the best day of his life as the day he kicked his abusive father out of his family. He also says it was the worst day of his life.
- Phil breaking down over the dissolution of his marriage. Not to mention the implication that he was about to kill himself before Mitch and Ed came in. Even sadder is that the marriage was utterly miserable, yet Phil's demeanor makes it clear that he's still sad about it breaking up, rather than relieved.
YMMV / City Slickers