- Base-Breaking Character: Bevers - he's either the worst character on the show and needs to be written out, or hilarious because he's like that one guy that everybody has met at one point or another.
- Les Yay: Abbi and Ilana have this by the bucketloads.
- Memetic Mutation: While it's been around before the show aired, Broad City certainly did help bring "Yas queen!" to the mainstream lexicon.
- Unintentional Period Piece: While the show has a semi-gentrified aesthetic that could date it badly, there are a few moments that stand out as very 2010s:
- In a Season 1 episode, Lincoln tells a gay character, "I'm not getting married until everyone can get married," dating it to before 2015.
- The montage in the first episode of Season 3 features Abbi wearing a white and gold dress at the same time as Ilana wearing a blue and black dress, referencing the meme from 2015.
- A Season 3 episode shows Ilana temporarily working at Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign headquarters, instantly dating the episode to 2015/2016.
- A couple of episodes in Season 4 immediately date to 2017: Ilana gets upset when she has to remove her impractical Obama-themed nails ("It's like they're leaving office all over again!") and realizes in a later episode that she hasn't been able to have an orgasm since Trump was elected. And Trump's name is censored every time it's spoken aloud for the entire season.
- The Woobie: Ilana at times. She puts up a brave face but she's really scared of losing Abbi.
YMMV / Broad City