- Fan-Preferred Couple:
- Oliver and Cooper are shipped together very strongly for how much of a bromance they have and the fact that they have more chemistry than Oliver had with Alice, Gina or Brie when he was with any of them.
- Olivers pairing with Gina is much preferred over his pairing with Alice or Brie.
- Those not interested in the Oliver/Cooper ship and yet still want Cooper to become part of the Otto family pair him with Taylor and hope that Taylors current relationship with Dumb Jock Trip comes to an end soon for it. The pairing would also mean that Oliver and Cooper become brothers-in-law.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: After years of playing a girl unhealthily obsessed with horses on this show, Julia Butters played a western actress in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- Hollywood Homely: While Katy Mixon did gain some weight to play the role (and it helps that she was pregnant during both of the first two seasons), she's a beautiful woman. However, her character, Katie Otto, is self-conscious about her appearance since all the other women in Westport are slender.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Katie is considered to be the "Second fattest housewife" in Westport, she's curvy if you compare her to Pam, who was the fattest. She of course lampshades this early on, stating that as a forty-something mother of three kids, she'd need a dedicated personal trainer and plastic surgery to "have the ass of a 19-year-old." In Season Two, it is also mentioned that in most of the rest of America, Katie would be considered normal size. Greg, for his part, adores his larger wife.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: In "Grandma's Way" from Season 3, Katie indicts Gina for her decision to go to the ballet school without Oliver as being wrong when the agreement that they made not to go without each other to begin with was already a selfish one that Gina was right to not honor.
YMMV / American Housewife