- Hilarious in Hindsight: After years of playing a girl unhealthily obsessed with horses on this show, Julia Butters played a western actress in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- Hollywood Homely: While Katy Mixon did gain some weight to play the role, she's a beautiful woman. However, her character, Katie Otto, is self-conscious about her appearance since all the other women in Westport are slender.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Katie is considered to be the "Second fattest housewife" in Westport, she's curvy if you compare her to Pam, who was the fattest. She of course lampshades this early on, stating that as a forty-something mother of three kids, she'd need a dedicated personal trainer and plastic surgery to "have the ass of a 19-year-old." In Season Two, it is also mentioned that in most of the rest of America, Katie would be considered normal size.
- Moment of Awesome: Greg Calling the Old Man Out in the Thanksgiving Episode.
- Katie's embracing her girth in "Field Day" to her advantage during the Tug O' War and pulling several women, including her enemy Chloe Brown Mueller, into the mud.
- Tearjerker: The episode "It's Hard to Say Goodbye", where the family says goodbye to their pet pig that they can't take care of anymore, as well as Oliver breaking down crying over Spencer's death.
YMMV / American Housewife