- Broken Base: Episode 68, Movies from 2000 to 2010 was divisive for some listeners, due to the length of time it took to get the draft and some beliefs that guest Brandon overshadowed the others. However, general consensus is that the episode was still quite funny nontheless.
- Butt-Monkey: Shane. The others give him no end of crap.David: "Shane Torres, if you're listening...fuck you man..."
- Growing the Beard: While the series started off strong, episode 8, The Mall, was the introduction of the main 3 cast of Ian, Sean, and David, as well as the beginning of the "Saint Sue Karmel" and "X was not in the room right now..." running gags.
- Memetic Badass: Often comes as the result of riffing. The crowning example is in the Band Names episode, when Ian, Sean, David, and Chris stumble upon the name of King Tuff. According to them, King Tuff eats only grub steak and gin, cannot be killed by the hands of others, and has never heard music.
- Another solid example occurs during the Karaoke Jams episode, regarding Thom Yorke of Radiohead. Apparently, invented cursive, taught Mike Tyson how to box, only sleeps on airplanes (and only wakes up by skydiving), and has no blood.
- Never Live It Down: In the Garbage Food episode, Shane Torres made the mistake of selecting "a sampler platter." The vagueness of the answer was heavily derided by fans, to the point of nicknaming him Shane "Sampler Platter" Torres and sending him sampler platters when they see him in public, much to Ian's delight and encouragement.
- Old Shame: Ian's "Code Red!" story, wherein he ordered a large Mountain Dew Code Red at a Taco Bell drive thru, and upon receiving it yelled "Code Red!" and threw it back at the employee.
- On a more serious note, this is mixed with Harsher in Hindsight with the first episode, due to one of the guests, comedian Devon Farachi, being the subject of several sexual assault allegations not long after the episode aired.
YMMV / All Fantasy Everything