Oktapodi is a 2007 French animated short film (very short, 2 1/2 minutes) directed by a team of grad students: Julienne Bocabeille, François-Xavier Chanioux, Oliver Delabarre, Thierry Marchand, Quentin Marmier, and Emud Mokhberi. So, about 25 seconds per grad student.
The story concern two octopi—one orange, one purple—in love, living in an aquarium tank, in a town by the seashore. One day their happiness is suddenly shattered when the purple octopus is snatched out of the fish tank and thrown into a seafood restaurant delivery van. The orange one, who knows exactly what this means, leaps out of the tank and goes on a mad chase after its lover.
- Four-Fingered Hands: The octopi are drawn with six tentacles, instead of eight.
- Funny Octopus: Flopping around goofily like octopi will, shooting ink in the face of the delivery man.
- Here We Go Again!: The delivery truck careens out of control, sails through the air, and plunges into the ocean. The octopi are left hanging on some clotheslines—until a seagull comes swooping in and scoops up the orange one. The purple one uses the clotheslines to shoot it into the air, and it collides with the seagull. The end.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: The delivery man when he sees an octopus clinging to the door handle of his van.
- Silence Is Golden: No dialogue.