The story follows Anya, an amnesic and dead teenage girl. She arrives in a village full of women and starts living with an old woman and her grand daughter, June. The two teens will, from then on, spend most of their time together.Unable to learn more about herself, Anya has a strong will of knowledge from the beginning of the story.
[The Secrets of the Afterlife] contains examples of:
- Amnesiac Hero: Anya doesn't remember a thing.
- Dead to Begin With: Even though our hero doesn't actually "breath", she still looks pretty alive, for a dead one.
- Naked on Arrival: The first scene is Anya falling from the Sky, naked.
- New Transfer Student: Anya is being introduced into June's school in Chapter 2.
- One-Gender School: Not only the school, actually.
- Quest for Identity: The only aim Anya can have is to seek for her identity.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Litterally.
- Yuri Genre: This story features a lot of girls, and most of them seem to be lesbians.