Putrid Meat is a webcomic about a dystopian world imbued in thrash metal culture and in particular a city named Septica. Bones the garbage man is a mutant that is very hard to kill. He gets entangled in a series of crazy and dangerous adventures as more and more he sets his mind to becoming Septica's king and killing Exis, its villainous, silver tongued tyrant.
Read the comic here.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- The Antichrist: Exis
- Black Comedy
- Crapsack World : Septica is a rancid, dark hell of concrete where color comes from neon lights and trash piles. Played usually in its comedic version with scores of Black Comedy.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Several examples in the comic. For example, Bones goes through a Knightin Sour Armor adventure to save a Damsel in Distress on demand of the pizza guy Johny Z, only to have her get killed to be his secret pizza sauce ingredient.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first few chapters were short plots with extra emphasis on the Black Comedy and Gorn, but the overarching Exis plot comes into full swing around Chapter 7 or 8.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Tredd builds a working super tank out of scrap metal.
- Head-Turning Beauty: Gretchen often causes Bones several Eating the Eye Candy moments.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Bones, also often the Fully-Embraced Fiend.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Bones, Igor, Tredd, Balinda and Billy all end up going against Exis as a team.
- Shout-Out: The band T-shirts. Names of different characters like Johny Z. The late Paul Baloff even appears to Bones as a Spirit Advisor.
- Thrash Metal: The comic is saturated with it. Bones is a metalhead. There are a lot of punk elements as well, especially on Igor.
- Unstable Genetic Code: Bones. Example: gives birth to another mutant from a growth on his back after questionable intercourse with another shape shifting mutant.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Exis.