Exvulnerum is a Fantasy Webcomic by Complete Internet Nerd Zules. The first page was drawn back in 2010 and updated hilariously slowly until she treated the comic as a Full-Time job in 2015 or whatever.
The comic stars a farmboy named Evey Kendrickson and a sheltered rich girl seeking adventure named Amberleigh Istobal, along with a decent-sized supporting cast, going on several adventures involving magic, monsters, wonder, pain, and, for whatever reason or another, yo-yos.
Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Exvulnerum contains the following tropes:
- Author Avatar: Zules appears in all the Dear Dzuna segments.
- Crapsack World: It's a fascist state posing as a democratic country, with nepotism and sexism in control.
- Driven to Suicide: Barry Kendrickson becomes a victim of this at the end of the prologue after experiencing the titular curse and passing it on to Evey.
- Face Fault: Amber does this in the last panel of this page. The author comments even lampshades this and mentions the potential destructiveness of this site.
- Gilligan Cut: Yeah, no, west, Amber is not (currently) in danger.
- Zules herself also noted she thought about this moment early in the comic.
- Legacy Character: The King/Queen(Probably) of Pain, marked by being under the titular curse. The first king of pain we meet as a king of pain is Joeseph Merryweather, who is succeeded by Barry Kendrickson, followed behind his son, Evey, the current king of pain.
- Magic A Is Magic A: There are nine different umbrations, and each of them fall under a certain category of magic. There are also these spellfronts made with special rocks called Peter (coming from the greek word Petros, which means.. Rock) which take the form of a mask and are fitted like a special coding that does a certain convenient thing.
- Posthumous Character: Barry Kendrickson, at the very least.
- Title Drop: Exvulnerum is the name of the curse Evey is under, as revealed in Chapter 7.
- Wham Line:
Evey: That's the only way to get rid of Exvulnerum... You have to Give it away. All it takes is a Touch. But here's where the biggest problem lies: There's only one person alive you can give the curse to, and that's the person you care about most in the entire world.
- on page 500 (What a coincidence!!):
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: The Exvulnerum curse gives its victim immortality, coupled with being forced with feeling the pain of everyone around them at night. Which can be amplified.