Warning: Spoilers for A Beginner's Guide... follow.
The plot, through time dilation shenanigans, takes place both minutes and years after the events of A Beginner's Guide. The protagonist is Chairman Jack, a bird who, in the events of Guide, became a cybernetic human-bird hybrid. He becomes a protector of a human settlement, whose major problem at the moment are bands of sky pirates.
It has been on hiatus since March 2012.
Tropes present within the comic include:
- GIS Syndrome: Like in the previous comic, photographs are used for everything but stick figures.
- I Meant to Do That: We assure Jast that we meant to do that. Classic misdirection.
- Mind Hive: Jack, who has a function called "Internal Politics" showing various opinions structured as parties in a Parliament. Whether this is literal or just a metaphor for his internal thought processes is unknown.
- Royal "We": Jack, as shows through the first-person narration. It might have something to do that his mind is apparently structured like an entire parliament of separate personalities.
- Sky Pirate: Fighting them off is Jack's first mission.