La Golda is a Web Animation by George Valencia.
La Golda is a young orphan girl who's recently transferred to Ricca's International Orphanage. As soon as she gets there, she finds that Ms. Ricca is a very strict woman who actually forbids the kids from watching television, meaning La Golda can't watch any soccer games.
Not satisfied by this, La Golda, with the help of her new friends at the orphanage, and her new coach Juanito, challenge Ms. Ricca to a soccer game. If Ms. Ricca wins, all the orphans leave. But if La Golda's team wins, Ms. Ricca has to allow them to watch soccer on the orphanage's new computer.
The cartoon was funded on Kickstarter on December 3rd, 2013. It was released on September 15th, 2014. The original version can be viewed here, and a new re-animated, re-voiced version can be viewed here.
La Golda provides examples of:
- Animation Bump: The second version of the pilot has a less fluid-ish movement style than the original version.
- Evil Orphanage Lady: Ms. Ricca runs the orphanage very strictly, refusing to allow the children to watch TV or have pets under penalty of eviction.
- Five-Token Band: La Golda is (presumably) Columbian, Malcolm is Chinese, Liam is British, Sonya is Russian, and Santana is American.
- Girlish Pigtails: La Golda has three in her hair, while Sonya has two.
- Protagonist Title
- Team Pet: Choomi the dog.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Malcolm.
- Training Montage: The kids have one the morning after Juanito challenges Ms. Ricca to a soccer match.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ms. Ricca has green hair, and Sonya has blue hair.