MoneySeize is a Platform Game in Adobe Flash released in 2009. The playable character is a gentleman named Sir Reginald MoneySeize II, Esq., who has to earn 1000 coins scattered over 40 levels to build a tower. However, obstacles are placed everywhere, and some coins are held by enemies and fickle birds, so he'll need to get through each course skillfully.
This game provides examples of:
- 100% Completion: While the tower is finished when you collect 1000 coins, the game's fully beaten once you have all 1010.
- Acrofatic: Judging by the sprite, Reginald is a portly man, but he can pull off double jumps, wall jumps, and skid jumps with ease.
- And Starring: The title screen states "Starring Sir Reginald MoneySeize II, Esq."
- Bottomless Pits: One of the most dangerous hazards is the nothingness at the bottom of the stage.
- Brutal Bonus Level: 10 coins are found in 10 dickishly difficult secret levels, found in hidden doors in certain normal stages. Some secret levels actually have secret levels in them.
- Cash Gate: The tower needs to be high enough to reach certain doors to levels. It becomes taller as you earn coins.
- Challenge Run: To get a bird, you have to reach it while meeting a certain condition, otherwise it flies away. Pink ones require you not to kill anything, green ones forbid double jumping, and yellow ones don't take long.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Dying only sets you back to the start of the level and increments the death counter. Considering that each stage is comprised of only one screen, and you're expected to cark it over a thousand times, it really isn't harsh.
- Double Jump: Reginald can jump in the air, which is indicated by a poofing effect. The green bird doesn't like when he does that, though.
- Nintendo Hard: The level design is tricky, full of obstacles placed in just the right places to ensure misery, and attempting to actually collect all coins requires multiple playthroughs and perfect inputs, which will make you want to pull your hair out. The Kongregate description even states "Disclaimer: This game is very difficult."
- One-Hit Point Wonder: Reginald dies in one hit when he touches anything harmful.
- Wall Jump: Reginald can cling to and jump off any wall.