A Featureless Protagonist is abducted by a group of scientist who turn him into an enhanced cybernetic warrior but separate his head from his body.
In the process of breaking out of his container his body is shattered. Now Lazerman utilizes his built in laser propulsion to fly and bounce around the science complex wreaking havoc and plowing through security staff. All in an effort to reach the device which can construct him a new body.
Lazerman contains examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Despite looking like stereotypical superhero all Lazerman wants is to free himself and get a new body.
- Expy: The protagonist looks quite similar to Mega Man.
- Flying Face: Lazerman is this until he gets a new body.
- Featureless Protagonist: Nothing is known about the guy being turned into Lazerman except that he is ... well, a man.
- Hyper-Destructive Bouncing Ball: You play as one - the titular guy's disembodied flying head.
- Interface Screw: Everytime you splat somebody the gibs hit the screen and briefly obscure your view.
- Ludicrous Gibs: The game is ridiculously gory for its cartoonish art.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: The first boss. See You Dirty Rat! below.
- Super-Deformed: Everyone in this game.
- Teleport Spam: Downplayed with the fourth boss. He does shuffle positions this way but nowhere near as often as his counterparts in other gawes.
- You Dirty Rat!: The first boss is an oversized white lab rat.