- California Doubling: The fictional Qurac is played by Sofia and Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Fake Nationality: Played with. Turaqistan is not a real country, Hilary Duff is certainly not Central Asian. Later averted, since she turns out to be the secret daughter of John Cusack's (very American) character.
- Playing Against Type: See Meta Casting on the main page.
- Shout-Out: Hauser's target is named Omar Sharif.
- What Could Have Been: Serbian filmmaker Srdjan Dragojevic was initially attached to direct this movie. He did an extensive re-write with his writing partner Dimitrije Vojnov. When Dragojevic left the project, this draft of the screenplay was scrapped. The only piece that remained is the imaginary Democracy cigarettes brand that had already appeared in his 1998 film The Wounds.
Trivia / War, Inc.