Omar Sharif (born Michel Dimitri Chalhoub; April 10, 1932- July 10, 2015) was an Egyptian actor. He is best remembered for the films Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago and Funny Girl. He was fluent in Arabic, English, French, Italian and Spanish, which allowed him to be cast as a wide range of characters of various ethnicities during his 60-year-long career.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962): Sherif Ali.
- The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964): Sohamus.
- Genghis Khan (1965): Genghis Khan.
- Doctor Zhivago (1965): Dr. Yuri Andreyevich Zhivago.
- The Night of the Generals (1967): Major Grau.
- Funny Girl (1968): Nicky Arnstein.
- Mackenna's Gold (1969): John Colorado.
- The Last Valley (1971): Vogel.
- The Mysterious Island (1973): Captain Nemo.
- Juggernaut (1974): Captain Alex Brunel.
- The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976): Egyptian assassin.
- Oh! Heavenly Dog (1981): Bart.
- Top Secret! (1984): Agent Cedric.
- Gulliver's Travels (1996): The Sorcerer.
- Mysteries of Egypt (1998): Grandfather.
- The 13th Warrior (1999): Melchisideck.
- Hidalgo (2004): Sheikh Riyadh.
- Money, Dear Boy: Sharif liked to gamble and admitted that he sometimes accepted roles just to make up for the money he had lost.