- Bags of Letters: Robert Englund got so much fanmail when he played Willy on the show that they eventually started to use unopened fan letters as props in other programs. In his biography, he mentions seeing a studio tour where the guide pointed to a stuffed letterbox and said, "All of those are letters to Willy."
- Dawson Casting: 23-year old Blair Tefkin plays 17 year old Robin Maxwell.
- Executive Meddling: The original miniseries was to be a story about a fictional American-fascist regime before it was Re Tooled to science fiction. Later, during production of the second miniseries, writer/producer/director Kenneth Johnson left the project when the focus was shifted from character development and symbolism to straight-up action.
- Playing Gertrude: Jason Bernard (b.1938) plays the father of Richard Lawson (b.1947) and more plausibly, Michael Wright (b.1956). Also, less egregious entries - Leonardo Cimino (b.1917) plays the father of George Morfogen (b.1933). Morfogen's character is mentioned as being born in a concentration camp, suggesting his character is supposed to be younger. Also, Michael Durrell (b.1943) and Penelope Windust (b.1945) play the parents of Blair Tefkin (b.1959)
- The Other Marty: Dominique Dunne as Robin Maxwell, due to Actor Existence Failure.
- Retroactive Recognition: Lydia is played by Jenine Petitbone.
Trivia / V (1983)