- Playing Against Type: This serious drama film is directed by David Dobkin, who is well known for directing hilarious comedies like Wedding Crashers.
- What Could Have Been: Jack Nicholson and Tommy Lee Jones were considered for the role of Joseph Palmer.
- Word of Saint Paul: Jeremy Strong has said that Dale is developmentally delayed, but you could kinda guess that he's disabled just watching the movie.
- The Danza: Robert Shield as Judge Robert J. Franklin.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The show last aired in reruns on USA Network in the early to mid '90s and hasn't been seen since. Disney, through its ownership of the New World Entertainment library via 20th Century Studios, now owns the show, but has no plans for any sort of re-release.