- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The show used to be worse off than its 1971 predecessor in this regard; there are fan uploads of a few episodes on YouTube, but no DVD releases appear to exist. It did air in reruns on HBO Family, but that's a premium channel. Depending on the state that one lives in, one might be able to view the episodes in full at pbslearningmedia.org. They are also available on Hulu, at least until the latest rights deal runs out.
- 50 of the 52 episodes can be found for free online as a part of PBS Learning Media.
- Edited for Syndication: Because the PBS Kids site for the show no longer exists, the promotions for it, including the removal of all the "Prankster Planet" shorts from season 3, are cut from the versions found on streaming platforms.
- Production Posse: Bill Sherman, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Christopher Jackson, who all worked on In the Heights, wrote and performed songs for the song. Lin-Manuel is often paired with Chris "Shockwave" Sullivan, the two previously having worked together in Freestyle Love Supreme. Utkarsh Ambudkar and James Monroe Iglehart, also a part of FSL, have appeared on the show as well.
- Recycled Script: "Tip It Or Dip It" and "Friends or Aunts" both have the Pranksters cheating against a member of the Electric Company on a game show, and in both the audience is just a recording.
- Screwed by the Network: Was cancelled after 3 seasons while the 4th was in planning, presumably due to low ratings.
- The Wiki Rule: Right here.
Trivia / The Electric Company (2009)