- Almighty Janitor: He remains useful to the Electric Company, even after he starts running the diner at the beginning of Season 3.
- Big Man on Campus: He's handsome, charming, athletic and very smart
- Dark and Troubled Past: In one episode, he explains to the rest of the company that he used to be the champion of an annual limerick contest, but was (unfairly) defeated by Manny on one year. He has never entered said contest since.
- The Hero
- One Head Taller
- Sibling Team: Hector and Jessica are this to the point where they are on Bash Brothers level.
- Improbable Use of a Weapon: In one episode, Hector is chasing Sigmund Scrambler around the neighborhood. He creates a detour sign using a wordball which Sigmund follows, leading him into a dead end.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: Mentioned on the show's page.
- The Lancer
- Series Mascot: She is the favorite character of the fandom. She also has preformed live with Hector, Manny and Shock, sings the end-of-show rap 90 percent of the time and even interviewed an actor from the original version.
- Shout-Out: Was seen wearing a "Zoom" T-shirt at the beginning of Season 2.
- Sibling Team: Jessica and Hector are this to the point where they are on Bash Brothers level.
- The Chick
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Good Is Not Dumb: She is probably the smartest member of the Electric Company.
- Put on a Bus: In season three.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Annie's red.
- Audience Surrogate: We learn the premise of the show along with him.
- The Smart Guy: Probably the second smartest member of the Electric Company before Lisa.
- Token Black: To the Electric Company, before Marcus showed up.
- Accidental Misnaming: Francine calls him Marty Farms quite a bit.
- Cousin Oliver: The Electric Company (2009) is meant for gradeschoolers. Because the original Audience Surrogate hit puberty, the show needed a new one.
- Sixth Ranger
- How Do I Shot Web?: A nice way to sum up his debut. He spends the episode learning to aim word balls properly.
- Jumped at the Call
- Promotion to Opening Titles
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad
- The Quiet One: He rarely speaks, only beatboxes.
- Small Name, Big Ego: They see themselves as the neighborhood's most powerful threat's when in reality they're nuisances at best.
- Dark Chick
- Evil Counterpart: Annie is supposedly this in comparison to Lisa.
- The Napoleon
- Pet the Dog: Sometimes is genuinely helpful ("Bananas"), and quite literally likes dogs ("Pies For Puppies").
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Lisa's blue.
- Spoiled Brat: When she wants something, she makes sure she gets it no matter what, or else she'll throw a horrible tantrum.
- Acrofatic: Averted so very much.
- Barbaric Bully: Big Time.
- Evil Genius
- Evil Is Hammy
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Genius Slob: Obviously a genius inventor but has the hygiene of a pig.
- Large Ham
- Mad Scientist: A teenage version.
- Manly Man and Sensitive Guy: Manny's Manly Man and Danny's Sensitive Guy
- Mecha-Mooks: The robots he builds for small tasks. Most notably, Count Vacula.
- Robot Buddy: Has one that assists him.
- The Bully: To Hector and the rest of the Electric Company.
- The Team Normal: He's the only member of the Pranksters to not have any kind of powers.
- Art Shift: A number of animated shorts from Season 3 depict him as a cartoon character.
- Berserk Button: Never break a promise to Danny Rebus; It's just not a good idea.
- The Brute: Known for being the most destructive member of the Pranksters.
- Camp Straight: He loves theater and dresses very stylish. (Being Suave and Sophisticated)
- Criminal Mind Games: The main use for his powers.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Danny Rebus does this all the time. He takes offense at a lot of things and retaliates harshly. This is pretty much part of Danny's personality, the slightest offense like - accidentally misspelling his name on an invitation, or spills milk on his shoes, he overexaggerates and attempts to get his revenge.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Very touchy and petty over the slightest of mishaps that he goes through.
- Large Ham
- Nice Hat
- Pet the Dog: Sometimes is genuinely helpful ("Oh, Danny Boy"), and quite literally likes dogs ("Pies For Puppies").
- Rebus Bubble: His superpower.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Danny's Sensitive Guy and Manny's Manly Man.
- Token Good Teammate: He's the least villainous of the pranksters and sometimes joins the Electric Company.
- Ascended Fangirl: Towards Francine.
- The Dragon: And how!
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Is fond of making lists and being organized. Plus, she often comes up with ideas that Francine commandeers with a Glad I Thought of It.
- Also, if the "Breaking Records" song is any indication, then Gilda is actually kind of awesome.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Is quite fond of them.
- The Stool Pigeon: This kid tells Francine everything.