- Acting for Two: Both Jerry Lewis and Milton Berle play hotel bellboys as well as playing themselves, leading to dual double takes when "Real Berle" sees "Bellboy Lewis" and "Real Lewis" sees "Bellboy Berle".
- Contractual Obligation Project: Paramount wanted to have a Jerry Lewis movie for summer release (in North America). The movie that it wanted to release was Cinderfella, which had finished shooting in December 1959. Lewis wanted to hold back the release of that movie for the Christmas 1960 holiday and Paramount only agreed if Jerry could deliver another movie for summer. Therefore, while playing an engagement in Miami Beach, Lewis came up with this project.
- Referenced by...: While the title character of Spongebob Squarepants is already heavily based on Jerry Lewis, the scene of Stanley setting up chairs in the ballroom abnormally fast was the basis for Spongebob finding a "hydrodynamic spatula" after being sent on a Snipe Hunt for it in the pilot.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: Corinne Calvet had a part in the film. One day, while working on the set, Gloria DeHaven came to visit Jerry Lewis. Corinne complained and was dropped from the film, which cut all scenes that included or referred to her.
- What Could Have Been: Jerry Lewis asked Billy Wilder to direct. Wilder suggested to Lewis that he should direct it himself.
Trivia / The Bellboy