- Dueling Games: With Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, which was made by Bokujou Monogatari's former localization company Natsume and uses the Harvest Moon name, while this game was localized by Marvelous' Western branch XSEED and uses a newer title than the traditional Harvest Moon name. Story of Seasons earned better scores than The Lost Valley, which earned underwhelming scores.
- Late Export for You: It certainly looked this way for a while. The game was released in February 2014, but the European export was only announced in late 2015 - for the first quarter of 2016.
- Name's the Same: Klaus shares his name with the doctor from A New Beginning, but is more like Soseki in personality, worrying about the age difference between himself and the female player character, and being apparently fond of making innuendos.
- Newbie Boom: Since the new series title made it seem as though it wasn't a sequel to anything, many people first got into the series with Story of Seasons.
- Pre-Order Bonus: An angora rabbit plushie.
Trivia / Story of Seasons (2014)