- Image Source:
- Playing Against Type: Steve Blum, typecast as deep-voiced badasses, as the Lovable Coward Jamie.
- Quote Source:
- Relationship Voice Actor: Jamie, Kiva, and Grrkek are Spike Spiegel, Faye Valentine, and Jet Black.
- Screwed by the Network:
- Despite the show clearly being high in the ratings, it wasn't renewed for a third season because a change in management and the CEO apparently not "getting it". If that wasn't bad enough, the show was written off and now can no longer be legally aired on the network (it was a miracle that the characters from the show could make background cameos in the bumpers during CN's 20th anniversary and Kiva Taken for Granite in the OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes episode "Crossover Nexus", but that is sadly it) and likewise could never get a DVD release either, essentially leaving the show in internet limbo. Even years later, when the creators tried to get the show back for the Toonami revival, they were answered with a note essentially telling them that CN was in no way interested in bringing back the series. Considering how determined CN is about keeping the show from coming back, you'd think someone there had a grudge against this series.
- On the plus side, as of February 2019, Warner Bros holds the rights to this show, as confirmed by George Krstic's Twitter account. At the very least, there is a possibility of a DVD/Blu-Ray release. Not to mention HBO Max....
- However, George Krstic has said that the IP is in AT&T's hands. There is a chance Megas XLR could come to streaming services, however no new money can be made off the original show since Cartoon Network wrote it off as a tax loss. That doesn't rule out the possibility of a reboot, but that's out of Krstic's, Jody Schaffer's, and Chris Prynoski's hands.
- What Could Have Been:
- Had there been a third season, we may have learned how the Glorft came to be when MEGAS was sent to the past. Somehow, Coop was responsible for creating them.
- George Krstic mention on Twitter that a console game and a TV special were planned in addition to a third season, but due to CN hosing the show down, these ideas more than likely didn't get far into development.
Trivia / Megas XLR