- Shout-Out: Several, to classic horror cinema.
- The groom of the first victim is named Edgar Romero, likely after Edgar Wright, director of Shaun of the Dead, and George A. Romero, director of Night of the Living Dead (1968). Fitting, for a zombie aficionado.
- The second victim is named Alfred, but he goes by Freddy.
- The first victim's ex-boyfriend and the first Red Herring suspect of the episode is named Jason.
- The site of the climax is Strode Pharmaceuticals, after Laurie Strode from the Halloween movies.
- The true murderer is named Wes Williams, after Wes Craven.
Trivia / Lucifer (2016) S02E06 "Monster"