- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": The cast of the show three of them, at any rate first debuted in the West in a cameo in Air. It didn't take ADV too long to pick up the KyoAni version of Kanon, but the Toei version had been out for half a decade at that point. And yes, the voice actors are all the same despite a nearly two-year gap between the shows.
- No Export for You: Both the Visual Novel and the Toei version of the series has never seen the light of day in the West. While there is an interest in a possible release of the Visual Novel the fandom in general seems uninterested in the Toei series.
- The train station that plays such a big part in the story is modelled after Moriguchi station in Osaka.
- Ayu's winged backpack wasn't actually supposed to be foreshadowing her nature; it just turned out that way. The director told the character designer to take the wings off the backpack because they might count as a spoiler, but later added the wings back on.
- No, those two moments in episode two of Kyoto Animation's adaptation are not Haruhi Suzumiya references; they were in the original game. It is pretty funny, though, all things considered.
- Shiori's favorite fountain is located in Tokyo's Showa Kinen park, which in real life charges a fee and thus cannot be entered freely.
Trivia / Kanon