- Kanon 2006. Ending of the Makoto arc.
- The second to the last episode of Kanon 2006.
- Mai's arc: snow-bunny zoo. That is all.
- Also learning about her past when she's on the phone, begging Yuichi to stay in town because, "The demons are coming!" She then spends the next seven years doing her best to protect the one place where she was happy as, up until meeting Sayuri, Yuichi was her only friend.
- Three little words with the unending ability to induce tears: Happy Birthday, Shiori
- Throughout almost the whole time Yuuichi knows her, Shiori never loses her cheerful, calm front, making the few times when she reveals how scared she really is that much more powerful. Two moments stand out: when she and Yuuichi are lying side by side in the snow and she admits, low and scared, that she doesn't want to die, and after she's cured when she and Yuuichi reunite and she cries over her illness for the first time.
- Anytime "pure snows" plays in the background...
- When Sayuri is injured by a demon and hospitalized, causing Mai to completely break down and even try to kill herself.
- Even the often-maligned 2002 anime series hits most of the right tearjerker notes, including the Makoto arc, the opening narrations (especially in retrospect or rewatches), and Yuuichi learning the truth about Ayu's past. Particularly touching in all incarnations is Ayu's wish, "I want you to forget about me."
- Ayu's Tomato in the Mirror moment upon reaching Ayu's school. ...Or lack thereof. "Am I... Not supposed to be here at all?"
- "If I just stay still like this... Maybe I can go to where she is..."
- Nayuki's route in the VN for being the most realistic in its presentation: After Akiko's accident, she enters into the biggest Heroic BSoD in the story due to how afraid she is that she'll be left alone with Akiko having been her only family for so long after her dad disappeared. Nothing supernatural or mythical, and no ticking clock because of an illness, but a young girl afraid of losing her family after an unfortunate event. It takes Yuichi convincing her You Are Not Alone to slowly break her out of it.
- Sayuri's backstory, learning about the death of her little brother and her taking the time to be a "bad girl" for one day for his sake to let him have the time of his life before his passing.
Tear Jerker / Kanon