- California Doubling: Brisbane, Australia for Ohio.
- Executive Meddling: Around 10 minutes were cut, partially to obtain a G rating.
- Fake American: Most of the cast from Australia including Bruce Spence are this.
- Franchise Killer: The film prevented a third live-action Inspector Gadget film being made. Talks of a reboot have been bandied about since The New '10s.
- No Stunt Double: Elaine Hendrix, who played G2, performed all her own stunts.
- The Other Darrin: All of the actors with the exception of D.L. Hughley were replaced in the sequel.
- Prop Recycling: Par for the course, but it is nice to see the control panel from Scolex's remote-control van serving as Claw's do-everything console.
- Role Reprise: D.L. Hughley returned to voice Gadgetmobile.
Trivia / Inspector Gadget 2