- The Danza: Hot Dad's character, the Chowder Man, has the real name Erick Helman, which is extremely close to Hot Dad's own real name, Erik Helwig.
- Level Editor: Standalone editors for custom in-game web pages and music exist in the game files, also downloadable from the developers' website.
- Throw It In!: There's a point in the game where someone insults Chowder Man and calls him 'Choder Man'. According to Jay Tholen this was a legitimate typo he made but it worked way too well in context to take out.
- What Could Have Been: The Kickstarter trailer's "Warp to the Hypnospace Highway" feature refers to a car minigame as a prominent part of the game. As development went on this was downplayed in favour of the fake internet, although it's still in there, and plays a small plot role as Dylan Merchant's personal passion project.
- There were other features planned for the game that had to be cut for scheduling time, such as an anti-drug section, more with Counselor Ronnie, and more involving the Fungus scene.
- In the early betas, a Gamerz Only zone was included. In the release version of the game, it's one of five former zones that were abruptly merged into one "geeky" zone called Starport Castle Dreamstation.
Trivia / Hypnospace Outlaw