- Dueling Endurance Runs: The GB crew split into two groups for their Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. The two teams are Shoemaker and Davis, and Persona 4 Endurance Run veterans Gerstmann and Caravella.
- Dueling Shows: For the 2011 Podcast Awards, Giant Bomb is one of several podcast shows trying to earn the most votes for the award, particularly against ESPN Podcast, The Instance and 4PlayerPodcast.
- Name's the Same: Tested's Will Smith, who sometimes pops up on the Giant Bombcast, is in no way related to the actor. Which never stopped Ryan Davis from joking that they're the same person.
- Promoted Fanboy: Derek "Turboman" Stone, responsible for the Best of Giant Bomb series on youtube, is now part of the Giant Bomb staff continuing the Best of Giant Bomb series as an official series.
- Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things: Once the staff started looking for a new editor in 2014, the members were abuzz with speculation, and would occasionally update on how the search was going, keeping the excitement level high. Once they revealed that the new hires were Dan and Jason, there were some who were dissatisfied with the choices, and some who lashed out at their dissatisfaction, resulting in a flame war that blew over onto other websites. When it came time to hire someone for GBEast, they were much more quiet about it, essentially saying that everyone will know when they've hired someone. Thankfully, bringing on Austin was received more warmly.
Trivia / Giant Bomb