- Breakaway Pop Hit: The theme song by The Seekers, only rewritten.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Lynn Redgrave was already a few pounds above a weight she found ideal, and gamely put on more for the role, along with styling herself differently.
- Playing Against Type: Lynn Redgrave did play characters marked by their weight before, but she was more known for smaller roles or playing the bitchy yet loyal and sophisticated friend in "The Girl With Green Eyes" two years before.
- Real-Life Relative: Mrs. Leamington is played by Rachel Kempson, the mother of Lynn Redgrave (Georgy).
- Romance on the Set: Lynn Redgrave wrote in her book This is Living that she had a crush on the elder James Mason during the filming.
- What Could Have Been: The title role was first offered to Lynn's sister Vanessa, who turned it down. It was then offered to her sister, who'd initially been offered the smaller role of Peg the Neighbor.
Trivia / Georgy Girl