- Development Hell: More than once, the author has had a frustrating time getting a story out.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: The author is willing to accept ideas from the readers. Many of the ideas he's used were suggested by the creator of this page. Fortunately, the author knows to avert Too Many Cooks Spoil the Soup.
- Promoted Fanboy: Invoked with many readers saying that the author should write for the actual show if it's ever revived. Yeah, he's that good.
- Schedule Slip: Despite the author's best efforts (or perhaps because of the sheer ambition of the project), new episodes have become slower and slower to come out over the years. From 4 a year, to 3 a year, to once a year, and now there's a big gap in the output altogether.
- Sleeper Hit: When Facing the Future first came out, everybody thought Aaron 12 was just another small-time fanfic writer who had a clever premise. Now, he's become one of the most popular DP fanfic writers and fanartists out there, with his popularity growing with each story and pic he publishes.
Trivia / Facing the Future Series