- Badass Decay: In Ancient History, Ghost Tucker isn't as powerful as Tucker was when he had ghost powers. Justified as Danny believes that when he separated the ghost from Tucker and broke Desiree's spell, it De Powered Ghost Tucker.
- Broken Base: Despite the series' growing popularity, many fans are divided on the concept of Sam having ghost powers.note
- Catharsis Factor:
- Maddie beats the crap out of Vlad after he once more threatened her family in "A Family Thing".
- "Stolen Years" has Danny furiously attacking the Guys In White for kidnapping Danielle, while furiously declaring the girl his little sister. Yes, it is as glorious as it sounds. And Jack joins in on the attack as well.
- After years of being a bullying victim, Sidney Poindexter gets his revenge when he becomes the principal of his school and his now-girlfriend/co-worker Desire twists the arm of the bully harassing him.
- Character Rerailment:
- Fridge Brilliance: A hindsight version. Butch Hartman himself said that Danny becoming half ghost was luck. Anyone else who had that accident would've been killed. However, since the Fenton Portal had to be rebuilt following the events of "Phantom Planet", it wasn't the same one that gave Danny his powers, meaning that Sam's transformation into a half ghost doesn't violate what Butch has confirmed.
- Growing the Beard: Following A Family Thing, the series seems to be coming into its own. Even Word of God has said that it was the story where the series would start really forming.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- To those who have read "A Family Thing" and seen the T.U.F.F. Puppy episode "Sweet Revenge", you may notice that one of Butch Hartman's writers thinks a lot like the author or one of his assistants.
- In "Stolen Years", Danny and Sam are reverted to five year olds. Some time later, Butch Hartman did a video of what Danny and Sam would've been like ten years ago.
- The series' concept of the hero's Love Interest gaining powers like them would become an official idea with the development of "Spider-Gwen". For irony, the franchise to use the idea would be the one that heavily inspired Danny Phantom.
- Even funnier, at least a few years back, Hartman did a video on what it would've been like if Sam had been the one to get ghost powers.
- The first story of the series takes place shortly after "Phantom Planet" and features the return of Dark Danny while also including some time travel elements. In 2022, a Graphic Novel titled "A Glitch In Time" was revealed to be in the works, which not only picks up where the series left off, but is also a sequel to "The Ultimate Enemy".
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap:
- Even the fans of Danielle should be happy that she's getting a lot of Character Development in this series.
- The ending to the series had Tucker become the mayor of Amity Park, something which put a lot of fans off. In the story, Tucker's new job becomes a source of Character Development as he accepts the responsibilities of leadership.
- Squick: In-Universe example. Tucker and Valerie were visibly creeped out seeing Danny and Sam making out while Sam was dressed as Danny. Of course, many viewers have this same reaction upon seeing the pic the author drew depicting the scene.
YMMV / Facing the Future Series